Author and food activist Bryant Terry breaks the vegan stereotype
Terry is a realist — he doesn't believe that everybody needs to be vegan, or a raw foodist, or follow any one nutritional track necessarily. "I'm not that guy. This is someone who understands that we have diverse nutrition needs. To just say that fixing food is going to help resolve issues in these communities — it's not looking at the bigger picture. If we do have access to healthful foods, that would address a lot of other issues, but we can't look at food to fix everything."
It's not like those raised beds in the front yard are going to save the world. But as far as the sustainable food movement goes, it could do worse than have a mind like Terry's at its forefront.
Most Commented On
- BXXwQUdWEH - July 28, 2014
- Growth potential - July 28, 2014
- bRCQAUuHtAsdAZ - July 28, 2014
- JxjOEJLdsOafMEKvX - July 28, 2014
- Deportation will help them - July 28, 2014
- Burning the Man? Well, not exactly, at least not yet - July 28, 2014
- illegally evict enough people - July 28, 2014
- Report details how brown and black communities are decimated, - July 28, 2014
- The horror | SF Bay Guardian - July 28, 2014
- Sorry. Jane Kim is NOT smart. - July 28, 2014