A new exhibit honors the work of Ghost World author Daniel Clowes
DC I think of the museum iteration of this work as being a temporary thing. I don't see that as being where this work would end up. I would hope that [in the distant future] it would end up in book form, that people [will] still knew how to manipulate the pages of books and read them.
SFBG Has anything about the show surprised you?
DC Walking into that room was a strange experience. I really felt claustrophobic, like I was trapped in my own brain somehow. It was very dream-like. Last week was the most dream-like week I've had. Right after I went to the opening the other night, I came home and my son and I were out on our porch and we saw a car going 90 miles an hour. It hit the median right in front of the house, flew through the air, turned upside-down, and landed on its roof. It was the most horrific thing I've ever seen. And then, miraculously — there were little kids [inside], and [they] crawled out of this broken car. The next day I was like, was all that a dream? I was in a room with all my artwork and then I saw a car fly through the air. It was just so odd.
SFBG It was the same week as that thunderstorm.
DC Yes, it was all that stuff. It was very surreal. *
MODERN CARTOONIST: THE ART OF DANIEL CLOWES
Through Aug. 12
Oakland Museum of California
1000 Oak, Oakl.
Most Commented On
- The interwebz "masters of the - December 11, 2013
- Cycling Safety in SF - December 11, 2013
- A tech company CEO is responsible - December 11, 2013
- Lilli, you claim to never engage in trollery and yet you have - December 11, 2013
- TRUST ... what TRUST when it is RIGGED and UNACCOUNTABLE ??? - December 11, 2013
- The Education/Liberalism connection - December 11, 2013
- If Steven had admitted he was duped and apologized for - December 11, 2013
- "by our rollercoaster - December 11, 2013
- That's half the problem, marcos. - December 11, 2013
- Can you point to any - December 11, 2013