Jesse Nesbitt, charged with Occupy violence on May Day, tell his story.
"When you join the military or the police department, you take an oath swearing to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic," Nesbitt said. "Now they're passing the NDAA, Patriot Act, and other bills I don't know about. They're intentionally taking away our constitutional rights. We're supposed to defend those rights, not lie down and take it.
"I think Abraham Lincoln said, if the government betrays us, we're supposed to take them out." Nesbitt insists he's "not a terrorist. No matter what they might say about me in the Chronicle or whatnot, I'm not a terrorist. What is he, then? "I'm a freedom fighter," said Nesbitt. "I'm fighting for the freedom of everyone."
Most Commented On
- That's not the point. The - July 12, 2014
- only a true believer - July 12, 2014
- GOOD! - July 12, 2014
- Was the graphic design on this done in 1995 - July 12, 2014
- A Link - July 12, 2014
- I know! Let's move them to that new complex at 16th and Mission! - July 12, 2014
- From the mouths of BART workers; cleaning the dreaded - July 12, 2014
- Bicycle Coalition - July 12, 2014
- Progressives and Development - July 12, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 12, 2014