Obama's sudden nod to "states' rights" somehow doesn't include medical marijuana
"Pelosi was good to put that statement out, but now we need the next step of changing federal law," Ammiano said.
David Goldman, a representative of Americans for Safe Access patient advocacy group who serves on the city's Medical Cannabis Task Force, called Obama's double-standard hypocritical: "If Obama is affirming federalism and states rights, then he's inconsistent with state-regulated medical marijuana."
But Goldman also said, "Why should we be surprised that politicians take contradictory positions on issues?"
Most Commented On
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014
- Nonprofits might not be - March 10, 2014
- S.F. TAXPAYERS are on the hook - March 10, 2014