Obama's sudden nod to "states' rights" somehow doesn't include medical marijuana
"Pelosi was good to put that statement out, but now we need the next step of changing federal law," Ammiano said.
David Goldman, a representative of Americans for Safe Access patient advocacy group who serves on the city's Medical Cannabis Task Force, called Obama's double-standard hypocritical: "If Obama is affirming federalism and states rights, then he's inconsistent with state-regulated medical marijuana."
But Goldman also said, "Why should we be surprised that politicians take contradictory positions on issues?"
Most Commented On
- "It's a power thing for us - December 9, 2013
- CAREERS AND ED: Bend over, boardroom - December 9, 2013
- Am thanking Dr SHAVAI for helping me bring my lost husband bca - December 9, 2013
- So tired of people from - December 9, 2013
- Brilliant post! I certainly - December 9, 2013
- My husband dumped me 3 months - December 8, 2013
- voyage cambodge - December 8, 2013
- Medical admission 2013 - December 8, 2013
- How my ex husband came back within 48 hours - December 8, 2013
- You posted this a year ago - December 8, 2013