Obama's sudden nod to "states' rights" somehow doesn't include medical marijuana
"Pelosi was good to put that statement out, but now we need the next step of changing federal law," Ammiano said.
David Goldman, a representative of Americans for Safe Access patient advocacy group who serves on the city's Medical Cannabis Task Force, called Obama's double-standard hypocritical: "If Obama is affirming federalism and states rights, then he's inconsistent with state-regulated medical marijuana."
But Goldman also said, "Why should we be surprised that politicians take contradictory positions on issues?"
Most Commented On
- Tech companies should look past 'education' - July 23, 2014
- The # 1 SF value - July 23, 2014
- The Goldes-Ruff Fraudcraft Of MPI, Chava Energy LLC, And Aesop I - July 23, 2014
- Oddly it turns out that a - July 23, 2014
- The people who give a shit are those too - July 23, 2014
- Journalist Joe can't do self selection. - July 23, 2014
- ryjPnPRszUs - July 23, 2014
- Important topic, sophomoric article - July 23, 2014
- How much would your proposal cost? - July 23, 2014
- GLsPUYWAqi - July 23, 2014