Obama's sudden nod to "states' rights" somehow doesn't include medical marijuana
"Pelosi was good to put that statement out, but now we need the next step of changing federal law," Ammiano said.
David Goldman, a representative of Americans for Safe Access patient advocacy group who serves on the city's Medical Cannabis Task Force, called Obama's double-standard hypocritical: "If Obama is affirming federalism and states rights, then he's inconsistent with state-regulated medical marijuana."
But Goldman also said, "Why should we be surprised that politicians take contradictory positions on issues?"
Most Commented On
- Your blog made me feel that - December 6, 2013
- Defining San Francisco - December 5, 2013
- Robots can't cook the food - December 5, 2013
- Bring on the automated - December 5, 2013
- Hi, Lilli! - December 5, 2013
- Supporting local artists & performances - December 5, 2013
- A local non-profit will chose - December 5, 2013
- Great post! - December 5, 2013
- I completely understand what - December 5, 2013
- $40 or $50 would give them the life to which they feel - December 5, 2013