Honoring the local, independent entrepeneurs who make the city a better place to live, work, and play
"Rooftop"? Yep, farm:table harvests most of its herbs and many greens from its roof, adding a bit of green to the neighborhood. Coming soon, another bit of green in the form of a farm:table parklet, whose funding was secured via, what else, Kickstarter. Farm:table itself has become a community hub for nightlife characters, nonprofit advocates, and office workers.
And yes, there is delicious coffee. Amitin cut his teeth dripping cups of Blue Bottle behind the original's counter, but became disillusioned when Blue Bottle tipped from a friendly experiment into a chain-aspirational juggernaut. "I saw what I didn't want to do," he says. "That's what led me to something small and personal. I have really good people working for me, in a vibrant area, with a crowd that's open to new flavors. I want to keep that magic." (Marke B.)
It's been open less than a year, yet Marina luxury erotic goods boutique Pink Bunny (1772 Union, SF. 415-441-7399, www.pinkbunny.biz) has hopped into our readers' hearts — and possibly other parts as well. Founder and CEO Serene Martinez showcases quality adult toys from the likes of Jimmyjane and gorgeous lingerie in a lovely, well-curated space. Union Street, get kinky!
Most Commented On
- Very informative column, as - December 18, 2013
- Take back some of Twitter's taxpayer funding - December 18, 2013
- is this a joke? - December 18, 2013
- Yeah, this bill really smacks of the old adage - December 18, 2013
- SFBG are happy with more pollution and congestion as long as - December 18, 2013
- I'd like to see licensing, registration and insurance for bikes - December 18, 2013
- New battle cry - December 18, 2013
- By the same measure, why do bicycles get a free ride? - December 18, 2013
- There's about 3 people in all of SF who want to ban all cars. - December 18, 2013
- More MEANINGLESS talk and GRANDSTANDING ... await RESULTS - December 18, 2013