"New Filipino Cinema" spotlights the island nation's burgeoning, work-in-progress filmmaking scene
Further complicating your comprehension of a very complex scene, the YBCA series encompasses avant-garde shorts by veteran John Torres and newer experimentalists. There's also a free afternoon Indie-Pino Music Fest Sat/9, and on June 17 there's a postscript: Lav Diaz's Florentina Hubaldo, CTE, the six-hour latest epic in a career whose patience-testing wide open cinematic spaces make Béla Tarr look like Michael Bay.
"NEW FILIPINO CINEMA"
June 7-17, $8
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
701 Mission, SF
- Typed like a typical white - August 8, 2014
- Palestinians should live in - August 8, 2014
- I've seen no racism on this thread. - August 8, 2014
- Yeah, me, you and ten others - August 8, 2014
- Just sayin' that feral animals take shit - August 8, 2014
- Haunted! Halloween and Day of the Dead events and parties - August 8, 2014
- Almost like a thought crime judicial committee - August 8, 2014
- Or he will revert to "Guest" and pretend to be a developer - August 8, 2014
- Racist - August 8, 2014
- Hypocrite - August 8, 2014