NYC's WD-50 is nice, but you can't beat the saba at Berkeley's Kyoto.
Saba is my favorite sushi. Thus was I delighted to see something very much like it leading off the 13-thing tasting menu at WD-50 last night: nigiri'd mackerel on salsify, instead of rice, with seaweed and sesame. Many of the later dishes, especially the yuzu milk ice dessert, did indeed blow my mind. But this, the nigiri, wasn't one of them. Ha! It's better at:
Mon-Fri 11am-7:30pm; Sat-Sun 11am-6:30pm
1599 Solano Ave., Berk.
Most Commented On
- Quality over quantity - December 10, 2013
- Texas Jobs - December 10, 2013
- Ban cars on every other - December 10, 2013
- At an average wage of - December 10, 2013
- Protesting is fine. Stopping workers from being able to - December 10, 2013
- The average Muni stop is used maybe once every 15 minutes. - December 10, 2013
- Free unicorns for everybody - December 10, 2013
- Progressives are the modern - December 10, 2013
- That explains why there is more idea generation here. - December 10, 2013
- That's a perfect example of why SF progressives are ineffective. - December 10, 2013