NYC's WD-50 is nice, but you can't beat the saba at Berkeley's Kyoto.
Saba is my favorite sushi. Thus was I delighted to see something very much like it leading off the 13-thing tasting menu at WD-50 last night: nigiri'd mackerel on salsify, instead of rice, with seaweed and sesame. Many of the later dishes, especially the yuzu milk ice dessert, did indeed blow my mind. But this, the nigiri, wasn't one of them. Ha! It's better at:
Mon-Fri 11am-7:30pm; Sat-Sun 11am-6:30pm
1599 Solano Ave., Berk.
Most Commented On
- I would LOVE to know your - March 11, 2014
- Marzia's claim that the PUC - March 11, 2014
- Proud Oakland! - March 11, 2014
- So the ADA and the Civil - March 11, 2014
- I am not a transplant, 5th - March 11, 2014
- SFBG love to tell tech what they should do but when did SFBG - March 11, 2014
- I am sure tech people care - March 11, 2014
- he bring back my lover - March 11, 2014
- They were the proceeds of crime and so the cop was within his - March 11, 2014
- And you did? - March 11, 2014