Rival politicians to take the witness stand in official misconduct hearings this week
But Hur didn't relent or modify his approach, telling her, "We are trying to conduct these proceedings in a fair and expeditious way." Waggoner praised the way Hur has run the hearings so far: "I think he's been fair in his rulings and how he's conducted the process."
After this week's pair of hearings, the Ethics Commission is scheduled to reconvene its inquiry on July 18 and 19, when it will likely hear from Madison, whose testimony could make or break the case. But first, attorneys for each side are meeting this week to decide where they can agree to limit Madison's testimony, with the commission making rulings on realms where the two sides differ. Deputy City Attorney Peter Keith has previously said he expects Madison to face tough questioning in which her credibility will be attacked, but the commission itself has already criticized her written declaration and greatly limited her hearsay accounts of life in the Mirkarimi household (see "Ethics Commission undercuts the main witness against Mirkarimi," June 20, SFBG.com Politics blog). And Kopp told us, "If I get most of my objections sustained, I may not need to cross examine her, as fun as that might be."
Most Commented On
- eLuuLuuYbQoHhFTe - April 20, 2014
- sNcIeFFgwytVM - April 20, 2014
- OoeJblVvLCQGbGM - April 20, 2014
- xDVkbforskWEN - April 20, 2014
- idrmEbxoIArC - April 20, 2014
- a spell caster who brought my ex husband back to me - April 20, 2014
- KFwjlShNJouspIjtBQVW - April 20, 2014
- MLiVfleyzGUGS - April 20, 2014
- Jessica Lopez i want to thank - April 20, 2014
- thanks to one Dr Bacasim a spell caster - April 20, 2014