At Holy Stitch, young people get sew motivated
"I was trying to sew but I ended up messing up one of his machines," says Chris Vargas, who did a Holy Stitch internship through Metropolitan Arts and Technology High School this spring. "He asked what I wanted to do, and I told him music." The teenager got to work learning how to use Dash's mixing equipment, and is now releasing an LP for which he rapped and made beats.
Which is fine. "We're talking about a human brand internship," clarifies Dash, whose impassioned way of talking and motivational powers led to the nickname Pastor — the inspiration for Holy Stitch's moniker. Sounds like Holy Stitch can hang just fine at its new address, even if it's only ensured a spot for the next few months.
Most Commented On
- "The Clean up the Plaza folks - March 16, 2014
- Absolute Garbage. But I - March 16, 2014
- It's so funny when - March 16, 2014
- Did you watch the video provided? - March 16, 2014
- Hi Greg - just to be clear, I - March 15, 2014
- And who will stop the cops - March 15, 2014
- In your opinion does Mr - March 15, 2014
- You guys are two peas in a pod - March 15, 2014
- Hey Shake, what do you think about homicide? - March 15, 2014
- Stopping people from running amok - March 15, 2014