FALL ARTS PREVIEW: Follow the sonic alphabet of SF
R is for Red Fang; the Portland, Oreg. stoner-metal band plays Slim's, Oct. 27. www.slimspresents.com.
S is for Six Organs of Admittance, hitting Bottom of the Hill, Sept. 22. www.bottomofthehill.com.
T is for Tiny Telephone, the San Francisco studio where so many Bay Area bands hope to record with local legend John Vanderslice. www.tinytelephone.com.
U is for Under the Central Freeway, Public Works' live music fest with both Kelley Stoltz, and food trucks in the parking lot (which is located under the freeway, natch), Sept. 30. www.publicsf.com.
V is for guitar legend Steve Vai, playing the Regency Ballroom, Oct. 9. www.theregencyballroom.com.
W is for Watt, Mike. The former Minutemen leader hits the New Parish, Nov. 8. www.thenewparish.com.
X is for the xx, headlining Treasure Island this fall. treasureislandfestival.com.
Y is for Yoshi's, celebrating 40 years of classy and experimental jazz superstars. www.yoshis.com.
Z is for Zeros, the iconic punk band plays Brick and Mortar Music Hall, Sept. 14. www.brickandmortarmusic.com.
Note: Since club life is unpredictable, it's a good idea to call ahead or check the venue's website to confirm bookings and hours.
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- tchSeGqFAXTrehXa - August 20, 2014
- UcnvZJbQKqsV - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014
- But they did not exist until - August 7, 2014