FALL ARTS PREVIEW: Follow the sonic alphabet of SF
R is for Red Fang; the Portland, Oreg. stoner-metal band plays Slim's, Oct. 27. www.slimspresents.com.
S is for Six Organs of Admittance, hitting Bottom of the Hill, Sept. 22. www.bottomofthehill.com.
T is for Tiny Telephone, the San Francisco studio where so many Bay Area bands hope to record with local legend John Vanderslice. www.tinytelephone.com.
U is for Under the Central Freeway, Public Works' live music fest with both Kelley Stoltz, and food trucks in the parking lot (which is located under the freeway, natch), Sept. 30. www.publicsf.com.
V is for guitar legend Steve Vai, playing the Regency Ballroom, Oct. 9. www.theregencyballroom.com.
W is for Watt, Mike. The former Minutemen leader hits the New Parish, Nov. 8. www.thenewparish.com.
X is for the xx, headlining Treasure Island this fall. treasureislandfestival.com.
Y is for Yoshi's, celebrating 40 years of classy and experimental jazz superstars. www.yoshis.com.
Z is for Zeros, the iconic punk band plays Brick and Mortar Music Hall, Sept. 14. www.brickandmortarmusic.com.
Note: Since club life is unpredictable, it's a good idea to call ahead or check the venue's website to confirm bookings and hours.
Most Commented On
- At what point, and more - March 12, 2014
- PUT A PICTURE if you want - March 12, 2014
- I'm just asking questions - March 12, 2014
- Taxi Insurance - March 12, 2014
- Good luck SFBG/Ex - screw the Chron if they're doin that - March 12, 2014
- Here's what wouldn't surprise me - March 12, 2014
- The trolls here find even a huge fire a reason to troll here - March 12, 2014
- Aside from the conversation - March 12, 2014
- Concentrate Tech Buses at one Terminus - March 11, 2014
- XxShEytJvwICPveckEj - March 11, 2014