FALL ARTS PREVIEW: Follow the sonic alphabet of SF
R is for Red Fang; the Portland, Oreg. stoner-metal band plays Slim's, Oct. 27. www.slimspresents.com.
S is for Six Organs of Admittance, hitting Bottom of the Hill, Sept. 22. www.bottomofthehill.com.
T is for Tiny Telephone, the San Francisco studio where so many Bay Area bands hope to record with local legend John Vanderslice. www.tinytelephone.com.
U is for Under the Central Freeway, Public Works' live music fest with both Kelley Stoltz, and food trucks in the parking lot (which is located under the freeway, natch), Sept. 30. www.publicsf.com.
V is for guitar legend Steve Vai, playing the Regency Ballroom, Oct. 9. www.theregencyballroom.com.
W is for Watt, Mike. The former Minutemen leader hits the New Parish, Nov. 8. www.thenewparish.com.
X is for the xx, headlining Treasure Island this fall. treasureislandfestival.com.
Y is for Yoshi's, celebrating 40 years of classy and experimental jazz superstars. www.yoshis.com.
Z is for Zeros, the iconic punk band plays Brick and Mortar Music Hall, Sept. 14. www.brickandmortarmusic.com.
Note: Since club life is unpredictable, it's a good idea to call ahead or check the venue's website to confirm bookings and hours.
Most Commented On
- My experience - July 31, 2014
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 31, 2014
- marcos, are you familiar with the role of a Whip? - July 31, 2014
- He has numbers. You do not, and nor do you have any - July 31, 2014
- Your home wasn't always a condo and so it would have been - July 31, 2014
- Clearly people want to live in the city because every new condo - July 31, 2014
- No, his point is that SF has a net deficit of 400,000 homes for - July 31, 2014
- Whatever their reasons for living in the suburbs, the reality is - July 31, 2014
- Perfect putdown. - July 31, 2014
- Why does it matter that people like you can no longer move here? - July 31, 2014