New bar from the Future Bars group intrigues with casking experiments and themed "snugs."
At Bourbon and Branch, patrons of the otherwise enchanting Library Bar in the back are limited to an abbreviated cocktail list (a downside, in my book), compared to a full menu in the front room. Similarly, walk-ins to the left side of the bar at Tradition are also offered a limited list, while those seated at the right or in snugs get the full book of options. It's therefore a good idea to make reservations — although I haven't had trouble securing a seat on weeknights without one.
Tradition adds to the excellent little cocktail district developing near Union Square, which includes Jasper's Corner Tap, Bourbon and Branch, Wilson and Wilson, and Rye), and provides a convenient Tenderloin meet-up spot with a little something for everyone, from cocktail geek to British pub fan. despite many gems, it doesn't serve the most exquisite cocktails in town — but its unique barrel program and relaxed vibe certainly make it a downtown destination.
441 Jones, SF.
Subscribe to Virgina's twice-monthly newsletter, The Perfect Spot, www.theperfectspotsf.com
Most Commented On
- priestandrew thank you sir. - December 11, 2013
- cops = pigs - December 11, 2013
- The think you don't have to - December 11, 2013
- Why? - December 11, 2013
- Overbust Corset - December 11, 2013
- thank you - December 11, 2013
- Ewww A Slapfest! - December 11, 2013
- Who Cares About Oakland? - December 11, 2013
- https://www.youtube.com/watch - December 10, 2013
- Google bus video - December 10, 2013