Bryan McPherson struggles with contradictions in American culture
"When I opened my mouth and started talking to people and they start to look at each other, kind of be weird because of the way I talk. I'm stupid because I have this accent. I'm poor. I'm probably dangerous. I'm not them. I definitely don't have anything to offer. That's the vibe that I consistently got, my first experiences dealing with the status quo, those sorts of people calling the shots," McPherson says.
He recorded his first album, Fourteen Stories, while still in Boston in 2007. McPherson already has his third album written. He just needs to record it.
With Lera Lyn, the Lady Crooners
Thu/30, 9pm, $8
500 Fourth St., SF
- Cameroon,i must tell you about a wonderful doctor that cure my - August 21, 2014
- i happy living with it, and i went into research on how i can g - August 21, 2014
- Vulnerable San Francisco ignores growing tech bubble talk - August 21, 2014
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014