Some neighbors are bummed that a new pot club is coming to Mission Street, but does their reasoning make sense?
ALSO, LOGIC PROBLEMS
While researching this column, I also spoke with Philip Lesser of the MMMBID, who told me his neighborhood group was firmly in favor of medical marijuana, likening pot clubs to medical centers. But, he said, the Morado Collective's spot between fancy restaurants Foreign Cinema and Lolinda "just doesn't seem like the appropriate place to have a doctor's office."
What would be appropriate? "I'm thinking that anything that could better promote the arts and entertainment," he ventured, adding that Alamo Draft House is set to open a five-screen movie theater in another Murad property across the street.
But — what makes you want to go to the movies more than weed?
Most Commented On
- economic - July 10, 2014
- What the hell are you - July 10, 2014
- Losing their hegemony - July 10, 2014
- Supervisor's Campos offer is - July 10, 2014
- I smell an expensive lawsuit - July 10, 2014
- divine solution - July 10, 2014
- It's called an "asset strip" - July 10, 2014
- Never a problem imposing an additional tax can't solve!! - July 10, 2014
- Me too. I like that as well. - July 10, 2014
- I was there. I have to say, - July 10, 2014