A one-percenter fumbles for his ill-gotten gains in Arbitrage
And the more surprising and frightening the answers, the more I felt I was onto something."
There's a memorable moment when Miller's daughter confronts him on his transgressions and he explains, in a moment of startling, almost lamely ineffectual self-consciousness, that he's a patriarch simply playing his part. Still, Miller doesn't believe it's the end of days for those men gathering in East Hampton screening rooms.
"There was a joke I had with the distributor, 'Will this still be relevant when it comes out?'" he muses. "Yet every week there's a new revelation of a new fraud: MF Global losing billions of dollars in customer funds in unauthorized trading. A Knight Financial computer glitch and they lose $420 million I think that's the exact number lost in the movie and it just happened two weeks ago. And now it's, 'Where's my morning coffee?'"
ARBITRAGE opens Fri/14 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- wtf - December 8, 2013
- Hey, I'm with you. - December 8, 2013
- I know, right? - December 8, 2013
- Only two people would know the "level of appointment" - December 8, 2013
- Most people know to be good neighbors. - December 8, 2013
- The 19th St units were exceptional and went for $1400 psf. - December 8, 2013
- So, if the population of SF is 800,000 then what you are saying - December 8, 2013
- Who gets to define the "Mission community" You? - December 8, 2013
- Valencia Corridor Prices Start at $1.5 mil - December 8, 2013
- Seriously - December 8, 2013