A one-percenter fumbles for his ill-gotten gains in Arbitrage
And the more surprising and frightening the answers, the more I felt I was onto something."
There's a memorable moment when Miller's daughter confronts him on his transgressions and he explains, in a moment of startling, almost lamely ineffectual self-consciousness, that he's a patriarch simply playing his part. Still, Miller doesn't believe it's the end of days for those men gathering in East Hampton screening rooms.
"There was a joke I had with the distributor, 'Will this still be relevant when it comes out?'" he muses. "Yet every week there's a new revelation of a new fraud: MF Global losing billions of dollars in customer funds in unauthorized trading. A Knight Financial computer glitch and they lose $420 million I think that's the exact number lost in the movie and it just happened two weeks ago. And now it's, 'Where's my morning coffee?'"
ARBITRAGE opens Fri/14 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Don't be a Glasshole - April 20, 2014
- Fast bills - April 19, 2014
- oOmHLcSCPSbnNiFq - April 19, 2014
- cEBpuLEIoWvA - April 19, 2014
- Guardian honored for investigation of buying influence at City - April 19, 2014
- BEST SPELL CASTER - April 19, 2014
- A radical proposal: Squat Airbnb hosts' homes to create - April 19, 2014
- drabiza helped me - April 19, 2014
- tqofVkihgbk - April 19, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - April 19, 2014