A one-percenter fumbles for his ill-gotten gains in Arbitrage
And the more surprising and frightening the answers, the more I felt I was onto something."
There's a memorable moment when Miller's daughter confronts him on his transgressions and he explains, in a moment of startling, almost lamely ineffectual self-consciousness, that he's a patriarch simply playing his part. Still, Miller doesn't believe it's the end of days for those men gathering in East Hampton screening rooms.
"There was a joke I had with the distributor, 'Will this still be relevant when it comes out?'" he muses. "Yet every week there's a new revelation of a new fraud: MF Global losing billions of dollars in customer funds in unauthorized trading. A Knight Financial computer glitch and they lose $420 million I think that's the exact number lost in the movie and it just happened two weeks ago. And now it's, 'Where's my morning coffee?'"
ARBITRAGE opens Fri/14 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- These kind of solutions help - May 18, 2013
- complaining about right wingers - May 18, 2013
- ". With over one million - May 18, 2013
- Well, Jesus ain't letting you into - May 18, 2013
- "Currently, there is no - May 18, 2013
- Yes, it's called Newspeak: - May 18, 2013
- why is this MY - May 18, 2013
- Tell the Yakuza. - May 18, 2013
- Cutting off the nose to spite the face - May 18, 2013
- I'm guessing that you have never read 1984 - May 18, 2013