Nightlife: Armory Club opens, Mother Records flies, Icee Hot label launches, Secret Summer, Miracles Club, more parties
Fife says Mother's getting back to its roots as a mobile party unit — bringing in bigger guests to this month's Spilt Milk party (with Nick Monaco and Sepehr, Thu/20, 10pm, free. Milk, 1840 Haight, SF. www.milksf.com) and exporting the vibe to SoMa's Raven club for a sweet-looking joint called Lighthouse (Sat/29, 10pm, free. Raven, 1151 Folsom, SF. www.tinyurl.com/lighthousesf). Wing your way thither for some true local talent.
Shed no tears for the passing of the season with this breezy, Balaeric blast, courtesy of the extremely delightful DJs Chris Orr and Derek B. It'll be a double rainbow of beach-ready sounds from their extensive collections, from Brazilian jams to '90s house hummers.
Wed/19, 9pm, free. Otis, 25 Maiden Lane, SF. Facebook invite
I miss the dark days of late '00s Bristol dub-bass. Everything's wonderfully sophisticated and mesmerizingly glitchy now, of course, but sometimes I just want to be dunked deep and ragga-rized. Senor 'Blim (and his oft-partner Shackleton) always delivered the goods, this intimate night should take us back with a few nice updates.
Thu/20, 10pm, $5. 222 Hyde, SF. www.222hyde.com
ICEE HOT LAUNCH
One of my favorite bass-oriented anything-goes parties is launching a label, and it's kind of about damn time, especially since its roster of talent has been SF-essential for a while. Ghosts on Tape has the first release, "Nature's Law," a chimey rave-jam. He'll get support at this free launch party from Low Limit (love!), Rollie Fingers, and Shawn Reynaldo.
Fri/21, 10pm, free. 222 Hyde, SF. www.222hyde.com
The too-cute Portland hipster-housers revivalists head up an insanely stylish lineup at the Lights Down Low party. Also on tap: Kim Ann Foxman's sensuous acid, MikeQ's vogue drops, Kingdom's fractured rave-bass, and Jozif's melodic new-house.
Sat/22, 9pm-4am, $15–<\d>$25. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
Most Commented On
- New battle cry - December 18, 2013
- By the same measure, why do bicycles get a free ride? - December 18, 2013
- There's about 3 people in all of SF who want to ban all cars. - December 18, 2013
- More MEANINGLESS talk and GRANDSTANDING ... await RESULTS - December 18, 2013
- Hortenica, if progressives stop with the stereotyping, I feel - December 18, 2013
- SFPD do not currently ticket the private shuttles and - December 18, 2013
- You're right - the shuttled issue is a fake issue. - December 18, 2013
- If a teacher has a partner who runs a hedge fund then why should - December 18, 2013
- Some People Are Addicted to Gambling, Sex, or Posting on SFBG! - December 18, 2013
- Well we certainly can't have - December 18, 2013