Expressive dancing and high-concept themes at Zhukov Dance Theatre
Nick Korkos, a dancer with extraordinarily long legs that he can stretch along the floor like some elegant train or fold into whipping pirouettes, paired a volatile, quicksilver-but-powerhouse Annick Schadeck. They wearily twisted and twirled around each other; when she crawled up his back it looked like an invasion.
The most prominent, spacious duet belonged to Thomson and Jeremy Bannon-Neches. A very young dancer, resplendent in the evening's one spot of color — a bright red dress — Thomson held her own admirably against a smoldering Jeremy Bannon-Neches. No wonder their most prominent gesture involved arms stretched straight ahead. They allowed for connecting, but also keeping apart.
Most Commented On
- you point out. - July 23, 2014
- Dr Eke Chukwu Is THE GREAT SPELL CASTER SOMEONE CAN EVER TRUST - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014
- custody - July 23, 2014
- Tablehopping: new Asian treats, Blue Plate score, Cochon 555 - July 23, 2014
- The racial stereotype looks like it was an after-thought. - July 23, 2014
- Insurance Commissioner to CPUC: Tech "rideshare" companies must - July 23, 2014
- State and municiap pension funds are run by Calpers and their - July 23, 2014
- Treading water - July 23, 2014
- Midsummer mayhem - July 23, 2014