So I said to myself, "Why do I need them?" [I found] CreateSpace on the internet, and I've had the most amazing experience. Independence is sort of in my blood. I like doing things myself, [even] my own public relations. You read in the book why we chose Jamie Lee Curtis [for Halloween] — when I met Jamie, I knew she was a fine actress, but I had this vision of getting a photo of her mother, Janet Leigh, and putting Jamie in a similar pose, and submitting it to AP and UPI. We got worldwide publication of that. And that's the kind of thing I did all the way through with Halloween. You just have to take every opportunity to publicize the picture. Of course, John Carpenter made a very good movie.
SFBG I have to ask about Roller Boogie. It's a midnight-movie favorite in San Francisco.
IY No kidding! [Laughs.] You know what's great about that movie? The music! Earth, Wind, and Fire ... it's just a delightful little movie. Just great fun. I think I had more fun making that movie than any other movie I made, because it was so uplifting and so bright — I was on roller skates with my whole family during the shoot. I love the "Boogie Wonderland" number, and Linda Blair was such a charmer.
I tell you, the '70s and '80s were a lot of fun for me. I was so busy, making movies, distributing movies, and running all over the world. It was a great experience. I really loved every moment of it.
Most Commented On
- OQcskGZzzVz - April 18, 2014
- cwOGaczVedK - April 18, 2014
- fcnxYcYLpEUWkaQF - April 18, 2014
- Did Benioff even need to be - April 18, 2014
- SOFUCLadOcMtZjWcJGO - April 18, 2014
- Real estate speculators built - April 18, 2014
- Time for SF to get rid of the - April 18, 2014
- Hello my name is joy from - April 18, 2014
- FuYwpUhUsCExgDxWxkN - April 18, 2014
- What Have We Learned Since Oscar Grant? - April 18, 2014