Times change (but maybe not so much) in beautifully staged, Pulitzer-winning 'Topdog/Underdog'
If Parks' drama (which premiered off-Broadway in the summer of 2001) preceded everything from 9/11, the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, Katrina, the financial crisis, worldwide protest movements against global capitalism and empire, and the advent of the country's first African American president, MTC's apt revival shows it more than keeps pace with the times as a gritty and gripping allegory of endemic, convoluted civil wars.
Through Oct. 21, $36-$57
Marin Theatre Company
397 Miller, Mill Valley
Most Commented On
- I already saw many blogs but - May 23, 2013
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013
- SF Pride's board demonstrated - May 22, 2013
- Sad. You must be in a really - May 22, 2013
- Bridging the gap between homelessness and function-ability - May 22, 2013
- Means Testing would be fair, - May 22, 2013
- ahhh.., such a magical - May 22, 2013
- Pets are one of the most - May 22, 2013
- Yes, we know, - May 22, 2013
- My husband and i say this all the time. - May 22, 2013