Times change (but maybe not so much) in beautifully staged, Pulitzer-winning 'Topdog/Underdog'
If Parks' drama (which premiered off-Broadway in the summer of 2001) preceded everything from 9/11, the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, Katrina, the financial crisis, worldwide protest movements against global capitalism and empire, and the advent of the country's first African American president, MTC's apt revival shows it more than keeps pace with the times as a gritty and gripping allegory of endemic, convoluted civil wars.
Through Oct. 21, $36-$57
Marin Theatre Company
397 Miller, Mill Valley
Most Commented On
- Yep, like I said, you contribute nothing to help, unlike me. - May 19, 2013
- True, and we're seeing the - May 19, 2013
- Greg, two thirds of americans won their own home, and - May 19, 2013
- Your "best way" is highly subjective. - May 19, 2013
- Who made you the arbiter of community activism? - May 19, 2013
- My point is clear - May 19, 2013
- Depends on who you are I guess - May 19, 2013
- You're in good company - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynajkmzi - May 19, 2013
- I've come around to nothing. A job offer is a good thing and, - May 19, 2013