Times change (but maybe not so much) in beautifully staged, Pulitzer-winning 'Topdog/Underdog'
If Parks' drama (which premiered off-Broadway in the summer of 2001) preceded everything from 9/11, the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, Katrina, the financial crisis, worldwide protest movements against global capitalism and empire, and the advent of the country's first African American president, MTC's apt revival shows it more than keeps pace with the times as a gritty and gripping allegory of endemic, convoluted civil wars.
Through Oct. 21, $36-$57
Marin Theatre Company
397 Miller, Mill Valley
Most Commented On
- Another new to town progressive. - March 9, 2014
- No, government surveillance wrong, period. - March 9, 2014
- Government surveillance is bad - March 8, 2014
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014
- That Is Sociopath Guest Steven - March 8, 2014
- Go Read Your History Book - March 8, 2014
- Have you ever considered - March 8, 2014
- Making real-time surveillance - March 8, 2014