Times change (but maybe not so much) in beautifully staged, Pulitzer-winning 'Topdog/Underdog'
If Parks' drama (which premiered off-Broadway in the summer of 2001) preceded everything from 9/11, the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, Katrina, the financial crisis, worldwide protest movements against global capitalism and empire, and the advent of the country's first African American president, MTC's apt revival shows it more than keeps pace with the times as a gritty and gripping allegory of endemic, convoluted civil wars.
Through Oct. 21, $36-$57
Marin Theatre Company
397 Miller, Mill Valley
Most Commented On
- People can live anywhere they want to live - December 12, 2013
- Yes, Cash-rich Google - December 12, 2013
- progressive new math is always a F- in the real world - December 12, 2013
- More ignorance. Damn. You - December 12, 2013
- Thanks El Dedo. Only people who drive use roads. - December 12, 2013
- Most cyclists in San - December 12, 2013
- In the Wizard of Oz, Miss - December 12, 2013
- Very true. I ride my bike - December 12, 2013
- yes, ignorance - December 12, 2013
- They make some of the - December 12, 2013