Times change (but maybe not so much) in beautifully staged, Pulitzer-winning 'Topdog/Underdog'
If Parks' drama (which premiered off-Broadway in the summer of 2001) preceded everything from 9/11, the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, Katrina, the financial crisis, worldwide protest movements against global capitalism and empire, and the advent of the country's first African American president, MTC's apt revival shows it more than keeps pace with the times as a gritty and gripping allegory of endemic, convoluted civil wars.
Through Oct. 21, $36-$57
Marin Theatre Company
397 Miller, Mill Valley
Most Commented On
- At least they don't use personal tragedies as cheap shots - March 7, 2014
- No, Daen, that isn't the law, it's a policy - March 7, 2014
- Yes, if it was built alongside I-5, that should be dirt cheap. - March 7, 2014
- But you do have some right to privacy in a private place ... - March 7, 2014
- At this point, if the towns - March 7, 2014
- And your contribution is, er, what exactly? - March 7, 2014
- Good God, Joe, do you know anything? - March 7, 2014
- Agreed. Blaming technology is - March 7, 2014
- This is just a bunch of - March 7, 2014
- Snark - March 7, 2014