Buyers rejected for KCSM TV -- who will pick up public television for 60 NorCal cable systems?
A new bid cycle is likely to ensue, which will provide an opportunity for an open and transparent process to find a responsible local operator to serve Bay Area residents and their informational and educational needs. It's more than time for colleges and universities to stop speculating on broadcast infrastructure like Maui condos and strive to fulfill the public interest obligations inherent in the free gift of a non-commercial license to broadcast.
Tracy Rosenberg is the executive director of Media Alliance, an Oakland-based advocate for community media. They can be found at www.media-alliance.org.
Most Commented On
- Jack cares - March 14, 2014
- Poor people - March 14, 2014
- Miguel does sound clueless - you're right, Becky. - March 14, 2014
- You cannot obstruct a business and expect no pushback - March 14, 2014
- If bail was set at $23,000, these charges are serious - March 14, 2014
- Get over yourself. The fact - March 14, 2014
- Miguel, You're a provincial - March 14, 2014
- Actually - March 14, 2014
- ObamaCare solves that problem, Hortencia - March 14, 2014
- Alix Rosenthal wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit her on the - March 14, 2014