Gift ideas for your favorite film fan
And what goes better with movies (and pipe-weed) than popcorn? San Francisco's 479° Popcorn is organic and sold in dozens of Bay Area (and beyond) locations, like Rainbow Grocery, Bi-Rite, and even some swankier corner stores. You can also order it online (www.479popcorn.com). Flavors include black truffle and white cheddar, fleur de sel caramel, and Vietnamese cinnamon sugar. Sure beats the radioactive stuff they sell at the megaplex.
If the film fan on your list is local, consider investing in a membership to a local theater or cinema organization on his or her behalf — a rad gift for the recipient, and a boon to the venue or group you're supporting. Members at the Roxie (roxie.com/support) get perks like free admission to regular screenings. Join the San Francisco Film Society (sffs.org/membership) for access to members-only events and the ability to purchase San Francisco International Film Festival tickets before they go on sale to the public. And San Francisco Cinematheque (www.sfcinematheque.org) members get discount admission to screenings and access to the group's archives. All gifts that keep on giving, even when the lights come up.
Most Commented On
- Legendary San Francisco football pub - July 24, 2014
- It isn't just book stores. - July 24, 2014
- BDS has been an abject failure - July 24, 2014
- home Design - July 24, 2014
- Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank are not citizens - July 24, 2014
- Your article shows you have a - July 24, 2014
- unique home designs - July 24, 2014
- Sounds good, Greg - July 24, 2014
- Egypt - July 24, 2014
- Farebox recovery - July 24, 2014