Don't go overboard with your partner this holiday season. Pick them up a simple present that's goofy, sexy, or sweet — but save the big bucks for a special date or trip out of town.
Swagger Cosmetic's founder Blake Karamazov is your holiday girlfriend. See her vegan makeup line at www.swaggercosmetics.com
BRACELETS, PRICES VARY
You can find vendor Elden Diaz on most weekdays in Civic Center Plaza, with his racks full of friendship bracelets. Get a personalized one for your babe with that nickname you call them that they love to hate.
Civic Center Plaza, SF
LAVENDAR HONEY, $9.99 FOR NINE OUNCES
They just couldn't get sweeter? Yeah they can – with this little pot of herb-inflected bee juice.
Village Market, One Ferry Building, No. 29, SF. www.villagemarketsf.com
BOOB BOMBS/INFLATING SWAN HEAD PENIS, $1.50
Among the superlative selection of compartmentalized lunch boxes and impressive wall of fake eyelashes, this Japanese dollar store also stocks gag private part prosthetics. Wear them yourself? Strap them on your sweetheart? Insert some levity into December with these goofy gifts.
Daiso, 570 Market and 22 Japantown Peace Plaza No. 400, SF. www.daisojapan.com
DANDELION CHOCOLATE BAR, $8-9
No, it's not just chocolate. Tell your boo that not only is this the trendiest cocoa in SF right now (its makers just opened a brick and mortar location in the Mission), but also the most holistic. Dandelion makes its bars from the beans themselves, where many other producer create their confections from pre-made chocolate.
BOUND TO PLEASE DUCT TAPE, $8
Truly, there is nothing for which you cannot use duct tape — even jumpstarting your kinkery, which you can do easily with a roll of this skin-safe erotic adhesive.
Good Vibrations, various Bay Area locations. www.goodvibes.com
ROCK CLIMBING ROPE KEYCHAIN, $10
Love watching that ass high in the air? This keychain is perfect for the one who belays your world, and it's made here in the city by a civil engineer-climber who sells rock-ready accessories to pay off her grad school debt.
Most Commented On
- Vegan lesbian heirloom mushroom collective? Tee hee. - March 13, 2014
- Only an idiot who knows - March 13, 2014
- "Alt?" - March 13, 2014
- No, the city doesn't give any money to corporations. - March 13, 2014
- When is Mar termed out? - March 13, 2014
- March On City Hall! - March 13, 2014
- Another legislative initiative courtesy of Eric Mar's daughter - March 13, 2014
- My guess is that he just likes regressive taxes - March 13, 2014
- Why stop at soda? Shouldn't - March 13, 2014
- It's not about being poor. It's about being stupid. - March 13, 2014