Street artist Apex's new show — and departure from the Mid-Market area — is a sign of the times
And, as his solo show is testament, he's not letting the forced move stop him. That day job? He bought a coffee kiosk. The business is about him "trying to be mature," he says, laughing as he talks about Otis Cafe, the Four Barrel-equipped stand he's set up in the Otis Lounge nightclub entryway (25 Maiden, SF) where you can now find him weekdays from 7am to 3:30pm.
"This idea popped into my head," he says. 'Coffee cart, that's a low end startup." The Maiden Lane micro-'hood lacks designer coffee, and on the day I visit, new regulars are already lining up.
For Apex, the kiosk is just product of a creative mind. "I feel very blessed, fortunate," he muses. "Like, I'm an idea person. Painting, art allows me to get the most of those ideas to come to light." The Otis Cafe sandwich board and cart bear Apex's signature loops of color — a new home in the downtown area for the artist himself.
Through Jan. 5
941 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- My Name is johnson Wilson..I - April 19, 2014
- the spell caster that bring smile and happiness back to my life - April 19, 2014
- MAdVUotOhumff - April 19, 2014
- You are welcome to the Laco - April 19, 2014
- Many Many People Are Angry? - April 19, 2014
- Poor People Ride The Bus - April 19, 2014
- a spell caster who brought my ex husband back to me - April 19, 2014
- kNOhlrWhrqLncB - April 19, 2014
- Thank you Doctor - April 19, 2014
- vhiHZMWFxwtcMxljhSLZ - April 19, 2014