Supergroup Uzi Rash plots its own demise for the end of 2012
By the time you read this, their last performance will have come and gone and Nordile will have screamed along to "I'm a Trashbag" with the deepest conviction. Oakland has long served as a gritty breeding ground for so many acts that never got their fair due or enough recognition, but with Uzi Rash, we recognize their ability to put Dylan in self-deprecating drag, to recycle a riff, rip a melody (sometimes a whole song title straight up), but to put their own "beach squelch shimmy" spin on it and make it exciting.
"Rock'n'roll has been mostly boring white boys with guitars. I am too, but I realize it and strive to acknowledge it and move on." With that we take the boogie or, booji, as he'd say in stride and wait while Nordile casually contemplates his next music project because five years is up.
Most Commented On
- Yesterday, today, and Tomorrow - July 10, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 10, 2014
- Me too. I like that as well. - July 10, 2014
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - July 10, 2014
- I was there. I have to say, - July 10, 2014
- Isn't it the nonprofit - July 10, 2014
- From SF Gate: "The sale will - July 10, 2014
- I like how you specifically - July 10, 2014
- Some people don't have homes - July 10, 2014
- What the initiative really says. - July 10, 2014