Supergroup Uzi Rash plots its own demise for the end of 2012
By the time you read this, their last performance will have come and gone and Nordile will have screamed along to "I'm a Trashbag" with the deepest conviction. Oakland has long served as a gritty breeding ground for so many acts that never got their fair due or enough recognition, but with Uzi Rash, we recognize their ability to put Dylan in self-deprecating drag, to recycle a riff, rip a melody (sometimes a whole song title straight up), but to put their own "beach squelch shimmy" spin on it and make it exciting.
"Rock'n'roll has been mostly boring white boys with guitars. I am too, but I realize it and strive to acknowledge it and move on." With that we take the boogie or, booji, as he'd say in stride and wait while Nordile casually contemplates his next music project because five years is up.
Most Commented On
- Tech doesn't need you -- nor does SF - April 22, 2014
- If progressive ideas and - April 22, 2014
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014
- That's a terrific photo of - April 22, 2014
- CCSF liars!! - April 22, 2014
- The overall record? Do you really want to go there? - April 22, 2014
- Huh? - April 22, 2014
- He is an identity politician - April 22, 2014
- Greg, it is half of the city and not just the Mission - April 22, 2014
- Yes, and one of SFBG's three choices that id didnt have to make - April 22, 2014