"Meteorillogically, I had never seen anything like it."
OK, maybe one food-related thing, since we have space. Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland. There's one on either side of the Williamette River, but the "Too" in Buckman has shorter lines. We got a maple bacon doughnut. I liked it quite finely, but Chicken Farmer claims there are better ones right here.
I would tell you where, but she never took me so I can't remember the name. Anyway, the Portland version was a couple of long strips of cold, well-done bacon lounging atop a hole-less, maple icing-blanketed log of fried dough. And the mystical SF version is circular and holed and apparently the bacon is crumbled and softer, so as to release more of its salty, meaty goodness into the sweet maple layer.
Either way: yum.
Most Commented On
- So what are "progressives" doing to fix public education? - July 24, 2014
- FBFoPYvvWKhBC - July 24, 2014
- aFygUdPcXhr - July 24, 2014
- More $ to Muni means more absenteeism. - July 24, 2014
- Um... Tenant's rights might - July 24, 2014
- FncnUMLWjS - July 24, 2014
- hope you will share so much - July 24, 2014
- Re; - July 24, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 24, 2014
- jMYvwYeYbjltKJ - July 24, 2014