"Meteorillogically, I had never seen anything like it."
OK, maybe one food-related thing, since we have space. Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland. There's one on either side of the Williamette River, but the "Too" in Buckman has shorter lines. We got a maple bacon doughnut. I liked it quite finely, but Chicken Farmer claims there are better ones right here.
I would tell you where, but she never took me so I can't remember the name. Anyway, the Portland version was a couple of long strips of cold, well-done bacon lounging atop a hole-less, maple icing-blanketed log of fried dough. And the mystical SF version is circular and holed and apparently the bacon is crumbled and softer, so as to release more of its salty, meaty goodness into the sweet maple layer.
Either way: yum.
Most Commented On
- Agreed, and the same applies of course to - May 19, 2013
- Ah, so you admit that you have never given a penny to - May 19, 2013
- You know nothing about - May 19, 2013
- The term "illegal" is the most widely-used and accepted term - May 19, 2013
- UnAmerican - May 19, 2013
- Yet you don't even follow the laws that you - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaddeae - May 19, 2013
- Golden Gate Park magic mushroom finally classified, just in - May 19, 2013
- Says the commenter who - May 19, 2013
- Texas has an outstanding record of creating jobs. - May 19, 2013