- This Week
For $26, I gained 2,500 followers -- and you can, too! Adventures in being fake popular on Twitter
01.08.13 - 6:07 pm | Caitlin Donohue |
Donohue's Twitter profile, with newly perky follower count thanks to a $26 investment in fake relevance
"Is it ethical to recall all of the gold and silver in the world's currency and hand out worthless paper in its place?" wrote Prescott in a somewhat distractionary paragraph that left me with rather more questions than less. "Is it ethical to allow collateral damage in war, in the form of woman and children? Is it ethical to take the citizens' guns and leave them defenseless against a tyrannical government? Bottom line, ethical'ness' is different for everyone in regards to their perspective on the matter."
Delgado stuck closer to the point, inasmuch as celebrities are always the point.
"I believe it is ethical only because Celebrities [all capitalization Delgado's own] have been doing this for years. Way before companies like ours started offering these services, it was exclusively only offered to Top Notch Celebs. It isn't hard to see that it would be very difficult for someone to compete in an industry where only the Elite were allowed to use these services. I am helping to close the barrier."
I liked Delgado's egalitarian thinking. Hell, if I was willing to spend another $1,500 on bot love, I could be the next Mitt Romney.
Most Commented On
- So you're saying marcos is just like a driver? - March 9, 2014
- Class based envy politics doesn't sit well with most voters - March 9, 2014
- When you cannot defeat an opponent then - March 9, 2014
- oBaVKmYrxmf - March 9, 2014
- Another new to town progressive. - March 9, 2014
- No, government surveillance wrong, period. - March 9, 2014
- Government surveillance is bad - March 8, 2014
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014