Nightlife: Slam, RJD2, Steve Bug, Salva, Some Thing, more heavenly parties
THREE SOME THING
The party list this week is so full of dudes. We need some drag queens up in here, for sers. Happy third birthday to the weekly Some Thing party, put on by my favorite trio of theatrical gender clowns — Glamamore, VivvyAnne ForeverMore, and DJ Down-E — who really know how to put on shoooow. One of the best things in the city is Haute Gloo's genius interactive craft table. I made a swan out of porn mags and pancake batter! DJs Stanley Frank and Robin Simmons play delightful tunes from all over.
Fri/11, 10pm-late, $8. The Stud, 399 Ninth St., SF. www.tinyurl.com/something3
BRENMAR AND SALVA
Two diabolical bass-bounce kids, bringing it down at the youthful, Angelfiery, green-screen-dream Y3K party. With Nanosaur, Joaquin Bartra, candy, bubbles, and lasers.
Fri/11, 10pm, $10 advance. DNA Lounge, 375 11th St., SF. www.dnalounge.com
BRUTAL SOUNDS EFFECTS FESTIVAL #72
Really looking forward to some earhole mindfuckery from various experimental electronic crews at the bleeding edge Lab space. With Antimatter, Pulsating Cyst, Ebony Cubbyhole, Beast Nest, Moo Kao, Ribspace, and more. I made none of the above names up.
Most Commented On
- For profit businesses don't - July 11, 2014
- I'm confused by your comment. - July 11, 2014
- rent control is not a subsidy. - July 11, 2014
- The property owners didn't - July 11, 2014
- homes are not your just private property. - July 11, 2014
- be careful, there are lots of landlords who - July 11, 2014
- I partly agree with what you said. but want to add. - July 11, 2014
- sen uk - July 11, 2014
- UC Berkeley drops hyperlocal news website Mission Local - July 11, 2014
- Saw the movie - mewh... - July 10, 2014