A vaunted New Age event creates ugly recriminations
Dozens of people told us that things would have been even worse if people on the ground didn't take the initiative, noting that DiMartino even refused to come to the campground for five hours while police blocked access to weary attendees until after 2am, an incident he minimized to us, calling it a miscommunication and insisting "I had a personal arrangement with the property owner."
Giusti said she and other staffers are moving rapidly toward resolution of all the problems surrounding Synthesis, from refunds to attendees (many of whom paid $499 each for a "full experience pass") to compensation for staff, both financial and spiritual.
"Michael does need to come forward and apologize to people," Giusti told us, noting that she is planning a healing ritual to bring closure to this whole saga. "He will sit in the center of a circle and hear what everyone went through."
Most Commented On
- Harmed? - May 20, 2013
- Yes, SF desperately needs journalists. - May 20, 2013
- I'm with you but how does one avoid our incompetent government?? - May 20, 2013
- I feel sorry for you conservatives - May 20, 2013
- I fully support the strike of - May 20, 2013
- Useful data. I'm really very - May 20, 2013
- Ultimately it's good for patients - May 20, 2013
- The post is written in very a good manner and it entails man - May 20, 2013
- You're the one who's anti-Chinese - May 20, 2013
- On average these places will probably change hands - May 20, 2013