Bikini Kill's Kathi Wilcox, the Lady Gaga experience, a soul troubadour, and the demise of a local punk band
The soul troubadour returns. Aside from his debut double-album, The Headphone Masterpiece (Ready Set Go), Roots collaboration, and brief 2010 EP Black Skin No Value (Vibration Vineyard), singer-songwriter Cody ChesnuTT just hasn't been on the radar enough, given his powerful pipes. He brought it all back in late 2012, releasing socially-conscious soul gem, Landing on a Hundred (Redeye Label), which he's touring on now.
Tue/29, 8pm, $15. Independent, 628 Divisadero, SF. www.theindependentsf.com
RIP HIGH CASTLE
East Bay punk trio High Castle announced its amicable split on Facebook: "...High Castle decided to call it quits. No juicy gossip or drama. Shaggy is playing around town with her new project May B Knot and solo shindig, Sunny Reaper. Erin started this new band called Straight Crimes. Wilson should be playing trumpet, bassssss or geetar soon in something very rad. Very xtra mucho kudos to anyone that helped us out in any way!!!!!! We might still do a final show in the Bay Area and we will probably be releasing 3 final songs that we recorded."
Most Commented On
- google genentech, UCSF bus BS - May 24, 2013
- what's up with all the weirdo - May 24, 2013
- ''Kinda Creepy With All The Sex Shit'' - May 24, 2013
- True, Scram, I also get why Tim brought JW in. - May 24, 2013
- Plus, even skilled union - May 24, 2013
- Nah, Oakland is nowhere close to being gentrified. - May 24, 2013
- Another Thing I Learned On The Radio - May 24, 2013
- Yep, he is obviously feeling guilty about something. - May 24, 2013
- Tim Redmond... For real, this new guys sucks. Like, really bad. - May 24, 2013
- Oakland's gain is Oakland's - May 24, 2013