Goings and comings back: 222 Hyde closes, SF Eagle returns. plus: Stacey Hotwaxx Hale, Delhi 2 Dublin, Paris is Burning, more parties
STACEY HOTWAXX HALE
I am freaking the funk out that Detroit's own Godmother of House is going to vibe up the Housepitality weekly's dancefloor — along with Chicago legends Gene Hunt and CJ Larsen? Try to pry me away!
Wed/6, 9pm, $5 before 11 p.m., $10 after. F8, 1192 Folsom, SF. www.housepitalitysf.com
Following the Godmother of House comes the Godfather of Acid, one of the ones who started it all, Chicago Afro-Acid pioneer Pierre, whose sets are blissful rollercoasters to another, darker side.
Fri/8, 8pm-3am, $15. 1192 Folsom, SF. djpierre.eventbrite.com
DELHI 2 DUBLIN
Kick off your weeklong St. Patty's Day binge the bhangra way, as great monthly Non Stop Bhangra brings in this beloved five-piece live band, a true multiculti mashup that meshes the Celtic with the Indian. Somehow, it works splendidly.
Sat/9, 9pm, $15. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
PARIS IS BURNING
"Shoot and arrow and it goes real high, well good for you." SF's Mistress of the Gay Night Peaches Christ and formidable NYC queen Patrice Royale host a screening of the all-the-rage-again 1990 doc and a vogue ball to die for. It'll be an ex-travaganza.
Sat/9, 8pm, $22. Castro Theatre, 429 Castro, SF. www.peacheschrist.com
Most Commented On
- Your grammar is repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Exactly. These people think - May 22, 2013
- Oh, the humanity! - May 22, 2013
- I mourn the loss of your innocence. - May 22, 2013
- Big Talker, do you EVER take - May 22, 2013
- Bad Jaywalking does. - May 22, 2013
- "Colen and other panelists - May 22, 2013
- There's an article that addresses this issue in... - May 22, 2013
- Your repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Lil Reese - May 22, 2013