Our longtime Cheap Eats correspondent makes the switch -- here's L.E. Leone's first Guardian sports column
Jen Ralston (a.k.a. Hedgehog, a.k.a. my Hedgehog), who at 42 is playing the first baseball of her life, lined a two-strike curve into shallow center: her first hit ever. I asked for the ball.
Eventually she came around to score, and commented later, over fish, that the bases had been softer than she'd expected.
"Are they always like that?" she said.
I said that they were.
Most Commented On
- Yes, Ed Lee remains wildly popular despite all the envy here. - July 29, 2014
- You could open shelters for 100,000 people - July 29, 2014
- Youth fares -- another Ed Lee victory! - July 29, 2014
- UwncKxiXFYwvgMpdj - July 29, 2014
- Here's your gentrification-eviction-displacement electro theme - July 29, 2014
- Projections - July 29, 2014
- No good deed goes unpunished - July 29, 2014
- Yes, the city has a three-step policy here: - July 29, 2014
- At least you admit that you have no good reason and only envy - July 29, 2014
- Yes of course, the only reason the city made the Twitter deal - July 29, 2014