Heading south, going east: Oakland's new Deep East weekly
"HOOCH, HARLOTS, AND HISTORY: VICE IN SAN FRANCISCO"
I can tell by the title that this gathering was simply made for you. Super-cool old-timey event with complimentary native drinks pisco punch and 21st Amendment beer, plus "tales of dubious moonshine, dirty roadhouses, and nefarious characters" told by scene players like Broke-Ass Stuart and Woody LaBounty. Live music, rare film footage, and a gaggle of real characters for sure.
Thu/14, 6:30-9:30pm, $10. Old Mint, 88 Fifth St., SF. flipsidesfvice.eventbrite.com
THE QUEEN IS DEAD: THE SMITHS VS. SUEDE
The name says it all for this installment of the stylish yet dour monthly Morrisseypalooza. And with both Suede and Johnny Marr pimping new albums, it'll be a twee bloodbath. They will play "Suedehead"? They must play "Suedehead."
Sat/16, 9pm, $5–<\d>$8. Milk, 840 Haight, SF. thesmithsvssuede.eventbrite.com
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - August 7, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014
- But they did not exist until - August 7, 2014
- Wrong - again - August 7, 2014
- "Arab terrorists" are running - August 7, 2014