Yoga teacher and environmental consultant Konda Mason links consciousness, activism, and sustainability
KM We have a building on Broadway between 23rd and 24th streets that we signed a lease on. We move there in October. It's a 60,000-square foot space that is just beautiful. Until then, we're in a pop-up place, a 2000-square foot old bank through the help of the City of Oakland and Popuphood (www.popuphood.com).
SFBG Tell us about the Earth Day event at Spirit Rock this weekend.
KM I'm looking forward to it. There will be some really key people there who are committed to environment and sustainability. The thing about this movement to "change the world" is that "change" and "transformation" are two different things. What's lasting is transformation. It begins with the individual. We can window-dress something and make it look green, but if we haven't transformed ourselves, it will revert back to the way it was. This is why the contemplative practices and wisdom traditions are so essential to sustainability. They foster change in the individual.
RESPONSES TO CLIMATE CHANGE
Sat/20, 9:30am-4:30pm, $25–$108 sliding scale
5000 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Woodacre, Marin
Most Commented On
- Gullible - March 17, 2014
- Answers - March 17, 2014
- Man this idea is great. I - March 17, 2014
- click here - March 17, 2014
- Finally I understand what you - March 17, 2014
- They deserve it, I think that - March 17, 2014
- Racist slurs don't belong in the Mission - March 17, 2014
- Project Improvements are invisable - March 17, 2014
- When a "conservative" advocates a progressive position - March 17, 2014
- By this broad definition - March 16, 2014