Yoga teacher and environmental consultant Konda Mason links consciousness, activism, and sustainability
KM We have a building on Broadway between 23rd and 24th streets that we signed a lease on. We move there in October. It's a 60,000-square foot space that is just beautiful. Until then, we're in a pop-up place, a 2000-square foot old bank through the help of the City of Oakland and Popuphood (www.popuphood.com).
SFBG Tell us about the Earth Day event at Spirit Rock this weekend.
KM I'm looking forward to it. There will be some really key people there who are committed to environment and sustainability. The thing about this movement to "change the world" is that "change" and "transformation" are two different things. What's lasting is transformation. It begins with the individual. We can window-dress something and make it look green, but if we haven't transformed ourselves, it will revert back to the way it was. This is why the contemplative practices and wisdom traditions are so essential to sustainability. They foster change in the individual.
RESPONSES TO CLIMATE CHANGE
Sat/20, 9:30am-4:30pm, $25–$108 sliding scale
5000 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Woodacre, Marin
Most Commented On
- Throwing bricks - December 21, 2013
- Rumor has it Gopman lived, by - December 21, 2013
- Why would anyone do something like that? - December 21, 2013
- There are lots of employee shuttles in NYC - December 21, 2013
- Alt-folk singer Michelle Shocked goes on homophobic rant, Yoshi' - December 21, 2013
- The other path to unionization - December 21, 2013
- Really, cool the hyperbole. - December 21, 2013
- come to ny - December 21, 2013
- Shelter is a basic need but - December 21, 2013
- Agree, marcos. I am happy for these losers to be "heard" - December 21, 2013