Last week's United States Intercollegiate Boxing Association tournament at USF packed a punch
Brunton went the distance with her, and fought well, but Moreale won. She looked like a different fighter the second night: more bob and weave. "I discovered some things that I always thought I could do," she said. "I surprised myself, too."
Counting her half-round TKO the night before, this was her fourth fight ever.
An Italian native, Moreale is two years into her PhD studies. Economics. But she has wanted to box since she was little, when she would practice on a stuffed duffel bag, wearing ski gloves.
"When you believe in something," she said, two hands on her giant, gaudy, championship belt, "it's possible."
I said that I agreed.
Most Commented On
- "It's a power thing for us - December 9, 2013
- CAREERS AND ED: Bend over, boardroom - December 9, 2013
- Am thanking Dr SHAVAI for helping me bring my lost husband bca - December 9, 2013
- So tired of people from - December 9, 2013
- Brilliant post! I certainly - December 9, 2013
- My husband dumped me 3 months - December 8, 2013
- voyage cambodge - December 8, 2013
- Medical admission 2013 - December 8, 2013
- How my ex husband came back within 48 hours - December 8, 2013
- You posted this a year ago - December 8, 2013