Last week's United States Intercollegiate Boxing Association tournament at USF packed a punch
Brunton went the distance with her, and fought well, but Moreale won. She looked like a different fighter the second night: more bob and weave. "I discovered some things that I always thought I could do," she said. "I surprised myself, too."
Counting her half-round TKO the night before, this was her fourth fight ever.
An Italian native, Moreale is two years into her PhD studies. Economics. But she has wanted to box since she was little, when she would practice on a stuffed duffel bag, wearing ski gloves.
"When you believe in something," she said, two hands on her giant, gaudy, championship belt, "it's possible."
I said that I agreed.
Most Commented On
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014
- Nonprofits might not be - March 10, 2014
- S.F. TAXPAYERS are on the hook - March 10, 2014