Smuin Ballet presents a noteworthy 'Bouquet'
For that we had to wait for the center sections of Jazzin', which offered more theatrically nuanced choreography. Newcomer Erica Felsch's "Spring in My Step" channeled a Marilyn Monroe-esque mix of innocence and sexual allure with wit and charm. The punchy "Takin' No Mess," in which a woman is trying to sell a chair and something else, sounded a different note of humor. Jane Rehm — perhaps the Smuin company's finest stylist — revealed a comedic side of her talent by hitting every move, every glance with just the right timing. In the dark "Solitude" — again set to Ellington — Joshua Reynolds gave a man's tortured soul all the pain and dignity it served. It was a beautiful performance.
Thu/16-Sat/18, 8pm (also Sat/18, 2pm); Sun/19, 2pm, $24-$65
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
701 Mission, SF
Most Commented On
- Great Piece On Mayor Disappearing CleanPower From Climate Action - March 12, 2014
- AirBnb bring in a crazy - March 12, 2014
- FREE GAME CODES - March 12, 2014
- I think it is something like that - March 12, 2014
- The goal of eliminating ALL pedestrian deaths - March 12, 2014
- What I think this is... - March 12, 2014
- That's the point. Steven has - March 12, 2014
- I hate to tell you there's - March 12, 2014
- The fire started during the working day and so that alone makes - March 12, 2014
- Wait, please help, this one is too incoherent for me - March 12, 2014