Smuin Ballet presents a noteworthy 'Bouquet'
For that we had to wait for the center sections of Jazzin', which offered more theatrically nuanced choreography. Newcomer Erica Felsch's "Spring in My Step" channeled a Marilyn Monroe-esque mix of innocence and sexual allure with wit and charm. The punchy "Takin' No Mess," in which a woman is trying to sell a chair and something else, sounded a different note of humor. Jane Rehm — perhaps the Smuin company's finest stylist — revealed a comedic side of her talent by hitting every move, every glance with just the right timing. In the dark "Solitude" — again set to Ellington — Joshua Reynolds gave a man's tortured soul all the pain and dignity it served. It was a beautiful performance.
Thu/16-Sat/18, 8pm (also Sat/18, 2pm); Sun/19, 2pm, $24-$65
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
701 Mission, SF
- anVQtYdSGpmeopV - August 20, 2014
- xMFtrRamRUKy - August 20, 2014
- hyHEoeRFcynfMaXf - August 20, 2014
- suHiDXjJCyib - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mBTUdzZSFYGakWIHPMUQ - August 20, 2014
- What to Look for in a Steam - August 20, 2014
- LItSCrVVjAlw - August 20, 2014
- tgHUPEceXz - August 20, 2014
- gHeGhFjtipHYKGusOx - August 20, 2014