Smuin Ballet presents a noteworthy 'Bouquet'
For that we had to wait for the center sections of Jazzin', which offered more theatrically nuanced choreography. Newcomer Erica Felsch's "Spring in My Step" channeled a Marilyn Monroe-esque mix of innocence and sexual allure with wit and charm. The punchy "Takin' No Mess," in which a woman is trying to sell a chair and something else, sounded a different note of humor. Jane Rehm — perhaps the Smuin company's finest stylist — revealed a comedic side of her talent by hitting every move, every glance with just the right timing. In the dark "Solitude" — again set to Ellington — Joshua Reynolds gave a man's tortured soul all the pain and dignity it served. It was a beautiful performance.
Thu/16-Sat/18, 8pm (also Sat/18, 2pm); Sun/19, 2pm, $24-$65
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
701 Mission, SF
Most Commented On
- YJAYVeBQQgiZnk - July 28, 2014
- Remember what started this - July 27, 2014
- Go back to your mother's basement, troll - July 27, 2014
- San Francisco needs more buses, less cars - July 27, 2014
- Left out - July 27, 2014
- JbqSETCBdCoSL - July 27, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 27, 2014
- And joysticks for all - July 27, 2014
- Marcos' Judaism is relevant only when it comes to - July 27, 2014
- hqQqnukbsN - July 27, 2014