Police versus fire department versus pig with mustache versus Pinkie (a basketball story)
But, like the Celtics facing elimination against the Knicks earlier that Saturday afternoon, the Alameda Fire Department came on strong and came up short: 44-40 was the final.
We went and talked to Charlie the pig a little bit, but it wasn't a post-game interview per se. Her owner, a friend of a police, was trying to redirect would-be petters away from the poor pig's face.
"Pet him back here, sweetie," she said to one of these children, explaining to me that the smell of cotton candy and such all over all the kids' hands was "starting to confuse him."
Who I really wanted to talk to was the little girl, Pinkie — but it was way past her bed time.
Most Commented On
- whistleblowers - July 28, 2014
- Not a failure, but definitely - July 28, 2014
- Agree, there are too many people in SF now for one very clear - July 28, 2014
- Wrong again. My point wasn't that my definition of "fairness" is - July 28, 2014
- growth? - July 28, 2014
- So there is on definition of - July 28, 2014
- the Corporate state of America - July 28, 2014
- For every person, there is a place - July 28, 2014
- I think a lot of people would infer that someone who is in their - July 28, 2014
- Suggesting that people adapt their lifestyle to their financial - July 28, 2014