Grosetto, Parma, Scalera, and Hedgehog: In the Game goes to Italy
But it could explain why Italy tends to surprise then fizzle in international competitions like the World Baseball Classic. This year, for example, they upset Mexico and Canada in the first round, then lost out in the second. Their starting pitching holds, and then all hell breaks loose when you get into their bullpen.
Such is the state of soccer-dominant Europe, when it comes to trying to use their hands and arms at something. There's a promising Italian national in the Seattle farm system (Alex Liddi), and one of my favorite current major leaguers is Netherlands-born shortstop Didi Gregorious, of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Oh, and the Bundesliga in Germany has a team called the Dohren Wild Farmers. That's who I want to play for.
When I grow up.
Most Commented On
- As a minority female who - December 11, 2013
- Social Darwinism? Ha. These - December 11, 2013
- browse this site - December 11, 2013
- To: Alex Tom and Vincent - December 11, 2013
- Nobody should be fasting to - December 11, 2013
- priestandrew thank you sir. - December 11, 2013
- cops = pigs - December 11, 2013
- The think you don't have to - December 11, 2013
- Why? - December 11, 2013
- thank you - December 11, 2013