This weekend's music: Triple release party for Battlehooch and friends, lady drummers for Tom Tom Mag benefit, more
MT. TAM JAM
Summer forever. If you missed last weekend's Huichica Music Festival, here's another chance to enjoy live indie rock in a striking natural environment: the Mt. Tam Jam, like the name implies, is a fest atop a mountain (actually in a 4,000-seat stone amphitheater atop said mountain). And though it seems the perfect locale for such an event, the Mt. Tam Jam will be the first major concert here in decades — it's a benefit for Mount Tamalpais State Park. The Jam includes live performances by talk-singing '90s rock stalwarts, Cake, carnival funk New Orleans natives Galactic, the Taj Mahal Trio, Mike Farris and the Roseland Rhythm Revue, and more.
Sat/22, 10am, $50. www.tamjam.org.
Most Commented On
- FDkUvCUnyS - April 17, 2014
- Yes, which is why I agree with them. - April 17, 2014
- Everyone has known CCSF is a mess since forever. - April 17, 2014
- The Hail Mary pass was the city's lawsuit - April 17, 2014
- All that said, Greg, I agree with you that Sunday parking should - April 17, 2014
- Drivers build in the cost of the odd ticket into their - April 17, 2014
- No, Greg, you fell into a trap and it was noted. - April 17, 2014
- No, for once Greg gets this right. - April 17, 2014
- Why not, Jym? Their findings resonate with many people - April 17, 2014
- No, if we elected MTA then it would be crammed full of - April 17, 2014