Crème brûlée, chicken and waffles, barbacoa, and deluxe fried rice — all in a week's work.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
There's fried rice, and then there's the fried rice at Ramen Shop in Rockridge (5812 College, Oak. www.ramenshop.com). No rubbery pieces of egg in this bowl of bodaciousness: one night it came packed with plump oysters, squid, and little bites of chashu pork, plus wild nettles, cilantro, and a special, secret sauce: Siew's spicy shrimp-chile paste (which gives it just enough vroom). The crisp texture, quality ingredients, and mad flavor make this bowl a steal for $12. Bonus: Ramen Shop is only a couple blocks from the Rockridge BART.
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
Most Commented On
- Families need healthy fields, not fake grass and used tires. - July 25, 2014
- Bizzzzzzz.... - July 25, 2014
- Marcos is just pissed that - July 25, 2014
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014
- PY, you're up early today! - July 25, 2014
- soccercomplex - July 25, 2014
- Say what? Maybe you should be - July 25, 2014
- The US government is morally bankrupt - July 25, 2014
- the heat in Walnut Creek - July 25, 2014
- Troll, why do you hate America? - July 25, 2014