Nightlife: Non Stop Bhangra, Blockhead, Pepper 20-year reunion, Bardot A Go Go, Fag Fridays, Hanukkah in July, Disco Daddy, more great parties
Fri/12, 10pm-late, $8. The Stud, 399 Ninth St., SF. www.studsf.com
LA space-bass new school, post-trap funkmaster Taurus Scott of LA burns up the decks at this new monthly joint, which prides itself on downtown grittiness and fly style. (Traci P from Sisterz of the Underground puts it on, so you know the bonafides are in order.)
Sat/13, 10pm, $5 for two. Showdown, 10 Sixth St., SF.
I am digging mysterious new party promotion entity Isis. Who else would start a press release for an appearance by DC disco re-edit/acid-jack prince Jacques Renault with "Mighty mother, daughter of the Nile, we rejoice as you join us with the rays of the sun." This party should be equally as supernatural.
Sat/13, 9:30pm-3am, $10 advance. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
The Eagle: our beloved old school rock 'n roll gay leather biker bar. Bus Station John: our beloved old school gay bathhouse disco and funk DJ. Put them both together on Sunday evening once a month and what do you get? Hot fudge! (And a real cute dance party.)
Sun/14, 7pm-midnight, $5. SF Eagle, 398 12th St., SF. www.sf-eagle.com
SFAP: OK COMPUTER
Fantastic drag collective The San Francisco Album Project is presenting "theatrical lipsynch reenactments" of epic discs every month, this time taking on Thom Yorke and Co.'s "OK Computer," which basically made widescreen rock OK again in the late '90s. With Trixxie Carr, Precious Moments, Raya Light, Nikki Sixx Mile, and many more.
Sun/14, doors at 7pm, show at 8pm, $15–$20. The Chapel, 777 Valencia, SF. www.peacheschrist.com
Most Commented On
- 20 percent - December 12, 2013
- I'd like to know at what goal - December 12, 2013
- Cycling is popular with tech workers as they are typically - December 12, 2013
- FOLLOW-UP - December 12, 2013
- Tech businesses probably have a higher proportion of - December 12, 2013
- You pay now! - December 12, 2013
- homeless scum - December 12, 2013
- Wrong, Marcos, when white male tech workers like you buy up - December 12, 2013
- You speak of gay men like you - December 12, 2013
- Since when are CEOs and - December 12, 2013