Tablehopping: Fresh Mission eats, three new happy hours, and where to get baked (goods, that is).
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
If you're a fan of butter, carbs, and French baked goods (oui!), then you'll want to get yourself to Le Marais Bakery (2066 Chestnut, SF. www.lemaraisbakery.com) in the Marina, stat. The options are a-plenty, from excellent croissants to pain au chocolate, but the Volcan (French for volcano, natch) is a strong choice for those who are more savory-inclined. The light and flaky layers of dark golden pastry artfully contain a creamy center — the lava! — of ricotta cheese, lardons made with Llano Seco pork, Parmesan, and ham There's also a vegetarian version. Boom.
Most Commented On
- The Suburbanites (the lost tribe) - July 10, 2014
- Protect local power and control - July 10, 2014
- The Chronicle ran an article - July 10, 2014
- They probably got them from facebook - July 10, 2014
- How prophet Ogunjimi saved my marriage - July 10, 2014
- Time to just legalize recreational use - July 10, 2014
- Dude, recycling is collected at your home. - July 10, 2014
- What about the city's monopoly on almost everything it does - July 10, 2014
- Posting personal photos is very creepy - July 10, 2014
- GuestHope is a troll. Ignore him. - July 10, 2014