TABLEHOPPING: Venetian seafood in the Castro, a boatful of brunch burgers, and all-you-can-eat jambalaya.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
There are ham-and-cheese sandwiches, and then there's the tosta mista ($7.25) at Cafe St. Jorge (3438 Mission, SF. www.cafestjorge.com), a charming new café in Bernal. This Portuguese twist includes two kinds of Portuguese cheeses (queijo edam and ilha azul) and either black forest ham or applewood-smoked ham. It all melds together in cheesy bliss. But the brilliance lies in the spot-on toasting of the thick-cut sourdough bread (from Bakers of Paris) on the panino press, with the lightest brushing of butter. Hold me.
Most Commented On
- thats great - December 12, 2013
- Discover how to make money - December 12, 2013
- Essay writing help - December 12, 2013
- There She Goes Again" to - December 12, 2013
- Drive jacket - December 12, 2013
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013