Tu Lan returns, while pierogi appear in the Mission and Chocolate Lab sweetens up Dogpatch.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
Mmmm, carrot cake. It's definitely one way to eat your vegetables. Out in the Dogpatch is Michael and Jacky Recchiuti's Chocolate Lab (801 22nd St., SF. www.chocolatelabsf.com), a stylish little café that is well-suited for lunch, or brunch, or an afternoon snack, or dinner for that matter. Yeah, it just works. And while Recchiuti is known for his local chocolate empire, the carrot cake is definitely worth checking out. It's not too sweet or dense, and for a twist, he adds a layer of milk chocolate mousse made with crème fraîche for a little tangy touch, plus there's a white chocolate frosting. Carrot cake for chocolate lovers!
Most Commented On
- one guy? - December 6, 2013
- Has the Marsh actually costed out the same kind of soundproofing - December 6, 2013
- If you invest in their "affordable housing fund" you will get a - December 6, 2013
- The Marsh provides - December 6, 2013
- GPD inhabits some alternative reality. - December 6, 2013
- I wonder if people in Washington DC bemoan the bicycle coalition - December 6, 2013
- Does that include the lobbying by unions and transit advocates? - December 6, 2013
- GPD could not be more wrong - December 6, 2013
- Last I Checked SF Was Still Part Of The United States - December 6, 2013
- Ironic - December 6, 2013