Contemplating the new Bay Bridge and the old, from the incomplete bike and pedestrian path in between
Carlsson rejects the neoliberal approach of begging for scraps as we ride into a future that simply can't continue to be dominated by automobiles. He says the Bay Pier must not rest there for another decade.
"Both bike coalitions have a resistance to appearing anti-car," Carlsson says, "so they aren't willing to say the obvious thing."
Carlsson talks about the Bay Bridge as part of the free Shaping San Francisco lecture series at 7:30pm, Sept. 11, Eric Quezada Center for Culture and Politics, 518 Valencia, SF.
Most Commented On
- LOL, so liking chicks is anti-gay? - December 10, 2013
- I have he same opinion, but - December 10, 2013
- From all I've read from - December 10, 2013
- Call Your Mental Health Professional - December 10, 2013
- Translate press into - December 10, 2013
- Just you wait...when these - December 10, 2013
- the Marsh - December 10, 2013
- You have got to be joking - December 10, 2013
- What about the employees? Are we have more jobs. - December 10, 2013
- Flapper Costumes - December 10, 2013