TABLEHOPPING: A standing ovation for Tosca's renovation, beer and terrines at Taps, stuffed Japanese sandwiches at Pan Grill.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
Last week, while I was getting my hair did by Mister Anthony at Ginger Rubio in the Mission, I was lucky to nosh on some lunch items from the nearby and newly opened Green Heart Foods (3321 20th St., SF. www.greenheartfoods.com). This new health-conscious café totally rocks. The owner, Lisa Chatham, is cooking up some mighty tasty food. From the roasted tomato soup packed with basil to the kale salad in a tahini dressing with zaatar-roasted butternut squash, currants, red onion, and feta — oh hell yes — it's all delish. You can also come by for breakfast (granola, mango muffins, smoothies, and more) or pick up something for dinner too. It's the kind of food you wish you ate every day, so dang good for you, and damn good. Please open a location in the Western Addition, pllllllease!
Most Commented On
- What is a fair wage? - December 19, 2013
- While the city has - December 19, 2013
- Yet another reason why people should leave. - December 19, 2013
- Except, "Claire", that I do not wage war on anyone or anything. - December 19, 2013
- Typically they do. - December 19, 2013
- The dreamers in SF can complain - December 19, 2013
- Correct - December 19, 2013
- treatment - December 19, 2013
- San Francisco is an - December 19, 2013
- War on this war on - December 19, 2013