Washed Out's Ernest Greene on stepping out from behind the computer
The first half of 2014 will see Washed Out touring nearly non-stop, including an appearance at Coachella. He's ready for it. He's energized by Paracosm, with its warm, lush instrumentation, its constructed sense of escapism — the album's title itself refers to the concept of a fantasy world. That correlates heavily with the newer record's vibrant visual art, he says, as opposed to the stark white design of 2011's Within & Without.
"This newer stuff is a lot more vibrant-feeling, so the colors seem to suit it well," he says. "It's all about the music. That will lead the way most of the time."
Jan 28-29, 8pm $25
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- Was the graphic design on this done in 1995 - July 12, 2014
- A Link - July 12, 2014
- I know! Let's move them to that new complex at 16th and Mission! - July 12, 2014
- From the mouths of BART workers; cleaning the dreaded - July 12, 2014
- Bicycle Coalition - July 12, 2014
- Progressives and Development - July 12, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 12, 2014
- Absolutely true. Property - July 12, 2014
- Uber is great - July 12, 2014
- Social-equity-justice needs of The People - July 12, 2014