Spring is giving us more than daffodils with all kinds of new openings, from barbecue to bacon to oysters to octopus.
SoMa workers and dwellers have a swell new spot to get their coffee, breakfast (broken farro porridge, house-made muffins), sandwiches (bacon-wrapped meatloaf, or a roasted mushroom sandwich with Swiss cheese, spinach, and garlic), salads, and more. Lauren Kino of Il Cane Rosso (home of the best egg salad sandwich in town) has opened Fearless (303 Second St., SF; www.fearlesscoffee.com), serving you Mon–Fri 7am–5pm and Sat–Sun 8am–3pm. And looking very, very close is Outerlands (4001 Judah, SF; www.outerlandssf.com), due to open at some point this week, but we'll save the details about the new chef (Greg Kuzia-Carmel), menu, and more until next week's column. Because really, you have enough to keep you busy here, doncha? *
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
Most Commented On
- specifically - July 23, 2014
- Guardian forum on Plan Bay Area draws big, engaged crowd - July 23, 2014
- That would be perfect - July 23, 2014
- Tech companies should look past 'education' - July 23, 2014
- The # 1 SF value - July 23, 2014
- The Goldes-Ruff Fraudcraft Of MPI, Chava Energy LLC, And Aesop I - July 23, 2014
- Oddly it turns out that a - July 23, 2014
- The people who give a shit are those too - July 23, 2014
- Journalist Joe can't do self selection. - July 23, 2014
- ryjPnPRszUs - July 23, 2014