Spring is giving us more than daffodils with all kinds of new openings, from barbecue to bacon to oysters to octopus.
SoMa workers and dwellers have a swell new spot to get their coffee, breakfast (broken farro porridge, house-made muffins), sandwiches (bacon-wrapped meatloaf, or a roasted mushroom sandwich with Swiss cheese, spinach, and garlic), salads, and more. Lauren Kino of Il Cane Rosso (home of the best egg salad sandwich in town) has opened Fearless (303 Second St., SF; www.fearlesscoffee.com), serving you Mon–Fri 7am–5pm and Sat–Sun 8am–3pm. And looking very, very close is Outerlands (4001 Judah, SF; www.outerlandssf.com), due to open at some point this week, but we'll save the details about the new chef (Greg Kuzia-Carmel), menu, and more until next week's column. Because really, you have enough to keep you busy here, doncha? *
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
- Questions raised by staff cutbacks at the Exploratorium - August 20, 2014
- gYeZRaORbakjVvVxM - August 20, 2014
- FGecOKIXjEXdkrJYN - August 20, 2014
- CGANnrMuoQT - August 20, 2014
- fuck the bay guardian - August 20, 2014
- On displacement, journalism, and the Guardian's fake Google- - August 20, 2014
- THIS IS MY TESTIMONY ABOUT THE GOOD WORK OF Dr ATILA - August 20, 2014
- amPnYfkgpovpron - August 19, 2014
- dr abolo is the solution to your relationship problem - August 19, 2014
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - August 7, 2014