Arts and Entertainment
PROMOTION/CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by the San Francisco Bay Guardian, Sleazefest West, and Noisepop
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. Entry deadlines are as follows: deadline for tickets for Sleazefest is Noon, February 15, 2002; deadline for tickets for Noisepop is Noon, February 22, 2002.
1. Eligibility: The San Francisco Bay Guardian's Noise and Bars and Clubs Sleazefest/Noisepop Ticket Giveaway is open to legal residents of California, age 21 or older. Employees of Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members, and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion/Contest. Participation in the Promotion/Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and Regulations ("Official Rules"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. To Enter: You may enter the Promotion/Contest via e-mail only.
(a) To enter e-mail PROMO@SFBG.COM. Include your age, name, mailing address, phone number. Tell us what you think are the three most fun bars in San Francisco and why.
Only one entry per person/household. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified.
3. Prize Drawing: All Promotion/Contest entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing. Sleazefest Tickets will be drawn at 12:01 p.m., February 15, 2002. Tickets for Noisepop will be drawn 12:01 p.m., February 22, 2002.
The drawing will be conducted by independent judges whose decisions are final and binding. Two (2) Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by phone or via e-mail.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prizes to be awarded from the Promotion/Contest are as follows:
(a) A pair of 3-night passes to Sleazefest West (retail value: $130)
(b) A pair of all-festival badges to Noisepop (retail value: $320)
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial, and local taxes that apply to prizes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
Total value of all prizes to be awarded: $(450) (U.S.).
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail within one (1) business day of the prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. General Rules: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The San Francisco Bay Guardian's Noise and Bars and Clubs Sleazefest/Noisepop Ticket Giveaway is offered by Sponsor the San Francisco Bay Guardian, 520 Hampshire St., San Francisco, CA 94110, which is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence. By participating and winning a prize, Winner releases Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the Promotion/Contest or the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor's control that may cause the Promotion/Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion/Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion/Contest. Sponsor's decisions in all respects relative to the Promotion/Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Promotion/Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical, or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Promotion/Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, provincial, and local regulations apply.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by accepting any prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry, and statements attributed to winner for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
8. Winner's List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Promotions Department, the San Francisco Bay Guardian, 520 Hampshire St., San Francisco, CA 94110.
9. Sponsor's Address: Sponsor is the San Francisco Bay Guardian, 520 Hampshire St., San Francisco, CA 94110.
Copyright © 2002 San Francisco Bay Guardian