STOP THE PRESSES: The most timely reason to vote against Bush and his Iraq policy
I posed a question to my grandson Nicholas Perez, age l2, a math whiz and computer games afficionado,
to figure out for the Bruce blog how long the Iraq War has lasted in comparison to the U.S. involvement in World War II.
He just sent me an email answer, on deadline, for my pre-election blog.
He says that WWII lasted l,328 days from Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, l94l, to VJ day (Victory in Japan) on Aug. l5, l945.
Which means, he says, that Nov. 7, the day of the election, the Bush War in Iraq has lasted as long as did the U.S. involvement in WW II.
Imagine: That ought to be front page news on election day across the land: REPEATING AND UNDERSCORING: THE WAR IN IRAQ HAS LASTED AS LONG AS THE U.S. INVOLVEMENT IN WW II. Vote against Bush and for peace on as many fronts as possible. Vote early and often.
Personal note to Tara and Murali in Chennai, India: Thanks for your call just now on my blog deadline and your encouragment to Sock It To Bush. My prediction is that the U.S. voters will put the Democrats back in power in the House, will win or come very close in the Senate, and will all in all deliver a resounding rebuke to Bush on Iraq.
Postscript: On the non issue of Kerry's "botched joke": I found most annoying the people who criticized Kerry, and who ought ought to have known better and were purely grandstanding (starting with Hillary Clinton among the Democrats and John McCain among the Republicans) and the media that took it seriously and helped the Republicans pump up yet another phony campaign issue. They gave the cheap shot a new dimension. b3
Most Commented On
- Focus - May 23, 2013
- It's about price points. - May 23, 2013
- Lucretia, you totally nailed it. - May 23, 2013
- what would constitute "an - May 23, 2013
- How do you know this? I have - May 23, 2013
- High-rises all over the city - May 23, 2013
- Doesn't the disenchanted Riot Boyyyyyy - May 23, 2013
- JW is a wild card and it is a sign of the desperation of SFBG - May 23, 2013
- The SFTU, like the SFBG and everyone else on the left is - May 23, 2013
- Jihad attacks versus anti abortion violence - May 23, 2013