STOP THE PRESSES: And now the word from Montreal is that "Transcontinental signs l5-year deal to print Hearst Corporation's San Francisco Chronicle." Does this mean ever more branch office journalism?
Is this the wave of the future? Will our big local news come via Montreal and New York? And will the Hearst and Singleton papers become even more branch offices of corporate headquarters in Montreal, New York, and Denver? Is Hearst so contemptuous of its San Francisco paper that it releases major Hearst stories in New York and Montreal before it appears in the Hearst paper or on its website in San Francisco?
B3 and the Guardian, a locally owned newspaper safely situated at the bottom of Potrero Hill in San Francisco and not planning to go anywhere
PRESS RELEASE: The Hearst Corporation
TRANSCONTINENTAL SIGNS 15-YEAR DEAL TO PRINT HEARST CORPORATION’S SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
Most Commented On
- Is Chris Jackson really quitting? - December 4, 2013
- From your own cite, GPD, the bottom 50% pay just 2% of all - December 4, 2013
- There are many more taxes than just income tax. - December 4, 2013
- the man that help me get my ex back to me - December 4, 2013
- Do Your Own Work - December 4, 2013
- Suspending Judgment - December 4, 2013
- Like all the other biggest genre's at one time - December 4, 2013
- Got kind of excited about - December 4, 2013
- Madonna was from Detroit as well. - December 4, 2013
- don't forget techno! - December 4, 2013