The Guardian Iraq War casualty report (1/29/07): 2 U.S. soldiers killed, 36 Iraqi civilians killed and 2 Iraqi policemen killed.
Compiled by Paula Connelly
2: U.S. soldiers were killed when their helicopter was shot down during a clash between Iraqi militants and U.S. backed Iraqi troops, according to BBC news.
3,301: Killed since the U.S. invasion of Iraq 3/20/03
For the Department of Defense statistics go to: http://www.defenselink.mil/
For a more detailed list of U.S. Military killed in the War in Iraq go to:
Casualties in Iraq
36: Iraqi civilians were killed today in multiple instances of civil war related violence, according to BBC news.
98,000: Killed since 3/03
55,073 - 60,754: Killed since 1/03
For a week by week assessment of significant incidents and trends in Iraqi civilian casualties, go to A Week in Iraq by Lily Hamourtziadou. She is a member of the Iraq Body Count project, which maintains and updates the world’s only independent and comprehensive public database of media-reported civilian deaths in Iraq.
A Week in Iraq: Week ending 28 January 2007: http://www.iraqbodycount.org/editorial/weekiniraq/28/
2: Iraqi policemen were killed during a clash between Iraqi militants and U.S. backed Iraqi troops, according to the New York Times.
30,000: Killed since 2003
151: Killed since 3/03
Border policies are tightening because one million Iraqi refugees have already fled to Jordan and another one million to Syria. Iraqi refugees who manage to make it out of Iraq still can’t work, have difficulty attending school and are not eligible for health care. Many still need to return to Iraq to escape poverty, according to BBC news.
1.6 million: Iraqis displaced internally
1.8 million: Iraqis displaced to neighboring states
Many refugees were displaced prior to 2003, but an increasing number are fleeing now, according to United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees’ estimates.
U.S. Military Wounded:
47,657: Wounded since 3/19/03 to 1/6/07
Most Commented On
- Any half-decent report would explain WHY this guy is being - March 11, 2014
- You would be delayed for far longer by all the extra cars there - March 11, 2014
- Yeah - the battle over corporate shuttles is over - March 11, 2014
- In today's housing news: - March 11, 2014
- Me, me, me, me, me - March 11, 2014
- And they are so biased and bigoted that they are not even - March 11, 2014
- From a fiscal-conservative, Republican -- I agree with you. - March 11, 2014
- "The vaunted Google Bus pilot - March 11, 2014
- Last name? Address? Phone number? - March 11, 2014
- No, I don't work for PUC and I think that Marzia is as useless - March 11, 2014